Posts

Showing posts from October 2, 2014

Popular dancer Kemi Omotoyinbo dies during child birth

Image
Popular dancer, choreographer and part actress Kemi Omotoyinbo has died. The beautiful lady who danced for several popular musicians including Pasuma, KWAM 1 and Shina Peters, died during childbirth in a private hospital in Lagos yesterday October 1st exactly 20 days after her wedding to husband Godwin Eloanyi, which was on September 13th.

According to her friends, Kemi was in and out of labour for several days in a private hospital and when she couldn't give birth the natural way, doctors said she would have to do a C&S. The doctors told her the operation would cost N450k and demanded an initial deposit of N300k before they do it.


According to Kemi's friends, the husband couldn't come up with the money immediately but begged the hospital to carry on with the operation that he would pay the next day (October 1st) but the hospital insisted on the deposit and refused to carry out the operation. Sadly, Kemi passed away last night.

How one of her friends told the story of wh…

Federal Government To Privatise Airports

Image
The Director-General, Bureau of Public Enterprise, Mr Benjamin Dikki, today in Abuja said the privatization of federal airports in the country would commence soon.


He made this known in his presentation on “Reforms and Privatisation Opportunities in Nigeria” at the ongoing 9th Abuja International Trade Fair, stressing that although the Government had made substantial investment in the aviation sector, a lot still remained to be done, and this is one of the reasons the Government is considering privatization.

“We are planning to commence the privatisation of airports; the airports will be more efficient if the private sector is running them.
“Very soon, we will engage the Minister of Aviation and we will start a new process of privatising or concession of airports just like we have done with the seaports.


“We are likely to grant concession of maybe 15 to 20 years, according to the business model agreed on, so that investors can make a reasonable return on the investment during the concessi…

Two female teachers 'had a videotaped THREESOME with student who bragged about it to his friends

Image
A 34-year-old Louisiana high school teacher and her colleague have been arrested for allegedly having a threesome with a 16-year-old student after a football game last month.
Shelley Dufresne, of Montz, a married English teacher working at Destrehan High School, and her 24-year-old colleague Rachel Respess were charged Wednesday with carnal knowledge of a juvenile stemming from the September 12 incident.
Kenner Police Chief Michael Glaser said Respess invited Shelley and the 16-year-old to her home in the 1300 block of West Esplanade Avenue for a group tryst after the Destrehan-Helen Cox High School football game. 

Detectives are now looking into rumors that the trio made a sex tape during their encounter.
Former students also told police that the trio have been involved in a sexual relationship for some time now.
After police learned of the allegations, they interviewed the student, who is now 17 years old, according to Nola.com.
The teen insisted that the sexual escapade was consensual. T…

AIT reporter held in custody on alleged orders of AIG Joseph Mbu

Image
A senior reporter with African Independent Television, AIT, Amaechi Anakwue, has allegedly been detained for over 8 hours now in abuja on the orders of Assistant Inspector General of Police, Joseph Mbu for referring to him as 'controversial' during a TV programme.


According to AIT, Anakwue was invited to Mr Mbu's office this afternoon where he was immediately detained. See the statement the management of AIT released on their Facebook page below.. "The management of DAAR communications owners of AIT, Raypower, Faaji FM and DAAR Sat has demanded the unconditional and immediate release of its senior correspondent Amaechi Anakwue who is presently in detention following a order from Joseph Mbu, AIG Zone 7.  Joseph Mbu had ordered the arrest of the ace journalist for calling him 'controversial' during a TV programme."
Joseph Mbu was the Commissioner of Police in Rivers state who had a strained relationship with the state Governor, Rotimi Amaechi before he was tr…

Transgender Woman Wants to be Man Again because Being a Woman is Exhausting

Image
A transsexual who had a £10,000 sex change on the NHS to become a woman now wants the taxpayers to foot the bill for a further £14,000 of surgery so she can become a man again.

According to DailyMail, Chelsea Attonley, 30, who was born a boy and called Matthew, said she now finds being a woman 'exhausting', is tired of putting on make-up and wearing heels, and now accepts that she should always have stayed a man.


Chelsea said she had struggled with her identity while growing and as a child she would dress up in
women's clothes. In her twenties she became a drag queen known as Miss Malibu, drawing on glamour model Katie Price's look for inspiration. An initial bid for a sex change to become a woman was turned down by a doctor, sending Chelsea into a spiral of depression, she said.





But then the former drag queen, who copied Jordan's style by wearing a blonde wig, mini skirts and stilettos, had a chance meeting with her idol in a nightclub in 2007. The glamour m…

Defence HQ releases statement on purported video of Shekau in circulation, says its fake

Image
The Nigeria military has reacted to the purported Boko Haram video released earlier today where Shekau or his fake said he was still alive. The military insists that he was killed last month and that the video is fake. Read the statement posted on the Defense HQ website below... 
The Defence Headquarters is studying the claims made in the video purportedly released by the terrorists showing their leader Abubakar Shekau as dismissing his death. From immediate observation and what some online news outlets claimed to have seen, the video did not indicate when it was shot neither did it show any proof of life or currency such as screen time or date. The video also did not make any reference to anything that has happened since the impostor’s reported death. It is also noteworthy that the air plane said to be mentioned in the video had been missing before he was killed.
It should not surprise anybody if the terrorists decide to manipulate pictures, clone another Shekau or upload a pre-recorde…

Court acquits former PDP chairman, Vincent Ogbulafor, over N107m fraud

Image
A Federal High Court sitting in Maitama, Abuja, today October 2nd discharged and acquitted former National Chairman of the PDP, Mr. Vincent Ogbulafor, of a N107m fraud charge brought against him in 2001 by the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences (ICPC).


Mr Ogbulafor who served as Minister of Special Duties in 2001 was alleged to have connived with one Mr Emeka Ebila, the then secretary of the National Economic Intelligence Committee, to defraud the Federal government of N107m through payments to contractors for jobs that were not done.


The National Economic Intelligence Committee, NEIC, was a body under Mr Ogbulafor's ministry set up for the verification and payment of debts owed to local contractors by the Federal Govt.

Delivering his judgement today, presiding judge, Justice Ishaq Bello said evidences brought before him showed Mr Ogbulafor had no connection with the fraudulent activities that went on at the NEIC. The judge went on to discharge Mr Ogbulafor an…

Army inaugurates another court martial to try 97 soldiers

Image
The Nigerian Army on Thursday inaugurated a General Court Martial at the Mogadishu Cantonment at Asokoro in Abuja, to try 97 soldiers for alleged mutiny. NAN reports that 15 of the soldiers are senior officers and that Lagos-based lawyer, Mr Femi Falana, is appearing for 68 of the accused soldiers. They are also being charged with assault, Absence Without Leave (AWOL), house breaking, conduct prejudicial to good orders, service discipline and other offences. The court was inaugurated after none of the accused soldiers raised objection to the constitution of the 13-man panel. The President of the court, Brig.-Gen. Musa Yusuf, in an inaugural speech, assured the accused soldiers that the court would be guided by the principles of fair-hearing and justice. “You shall be given the facilities and conditions necessary for the proper defence of your cases. “In line with the provisions of section 35(2) of the 1999 Constitution (as amended), every one of you shall be presumed innocent by the court u…

EFCC arraigns two over N6.1million car deal fraud

Image
Find the EFCC press release below...
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) today October 2, 2014arraigned the duo of Alhaji Abdul Ahmadu and Bello Isa before Justice Farouq Lawal of the Kano State High Court on a 3-count charge bordering on criminal breach of trust and obtaining money by false pretence.
The accused persons allegedly induced one Alhaji Mohammed Sani Utai to part with the sum of N6, 100,000 (Six Million One Hundred Thousand Naira Only) under the pretext that they were going to sell a Mercedes Benz GLK car to him. After obtaining the money in various tranches, the car was neither delivered nor was his money returned. One of the charge reads, “that you Alhaji Abdu Ahmadu and Bello Isa sometime in 2012, at Kano within the jurisdiction of the High Court of Kano State with intent to defraud obtained the sum of N2, 600, 000 (Two Million Six Hundred Thousand Naira only) from Mohammed Sani Utai by falsely representing that you had a Mercedes Benz GLK for sale and th…

INI EDO SPEAKS FINALLY: Ini Edo tweets about her crashed marriage, says she never cheated on her ex

Image
Ini Edo has reacted to reports that her five year marriage ended because of infidelity on her part. She says this is not true.

Meet the Nigerian millionaires allegedly sponsoring the lifestyles of US reality stars

Image
Got this blockbuster from Mediatakeout.com. The gossip site listed five wealthy Africans including 3 Nigerians that are allegedly sponsoring the lifestyles of Real Housewives of Atlanta stars, Porsha, Kenya Moore, Claudia and Phaedra. This one na story make a gist. Read below 
MediaTakeOut.com spoke with multiple sources in the Atlanta Housewives - and there is a definite theme this season - getting an a married African sponsor. We have heard rumors or fact that at least four of the ladies on the show have an African sponsor.1. Porsha (left) is being sponsored by one of Nigeria’s top oil barons Bashorun Jide Omokore. He's a 60 year old married man and he's the one that bought her the Rolls Royce. Part of the reason why Porsha lost her peach - is that she refused to talk about him on camera, for fear that he'd stop sending her $$$. Bravo knew it would be a real interesting storyline and so they got upset and demoted her. This is not rumor - it is #Facts#
2 - Kenya Moore (pict…

Ebola outbreak: Texas checks 100 for exposure

Image
As many as 100 people in Texas are being checked for potential exposure to Ebola, health officials have said.

Only 12-18 people including five children are known to have had direct contact with Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan, who contracted it in Liberia.

Four of his relatives have been ordered to stay home while they are watched for signs of the disease, officials say.

Mr Duncan was diagnosed with the disease on Tuesday and is in a serious condition in hospital.

He was the first case diagnosed outside of Africa, where more than 3,300 have died in the Ebola outbreak.

In Texas on Thursday, state health commissioner Dr David Lakey said four of Mr Duncan's "close relatives" had been ordered to stay home and not receive visitors until 19 October.

"We have tried and true protocols to protect the public and stop the spread of this disease," Dr Lakey said. "This order gives us the ability to monitor the situation in the most meticulous way."

His office said Mr Du…

Dimeji Bankole loses 7 year old daughter to sickle cell disease

Image
Former House of Reps Speaker Dimeji Bankole has lost his 7 year old daughter, Yewande Semiat Bankole to sickle cell. She died in a London hospital yesterday October 1st. The family released a statement today. Find it below...
"With gratitude to Almighty Allah and with heavy hearts we announce the demise of our daughter Yewande Semiat Bankole aged 7yrs at a London hospital. Yewande is the grand daughter of Chief Alani Suara Bankole and the daughter of Rt Hon. Dimeji Sabur Bankole.Yewande was born with HbSS Sickle cell disease. She was a radiant girl who struggled with the disease. We originally managed her condition at a Lagos hospital but later transferred to a London hospital. Sadly we lost her at 10.30pm on Wednesday October 1st, 2014.
Her remains will be buried according to Islamic rites.
We wish to thank you for your prayers and support at this very trying time. 
May almighty Allah make our affairs easy…
Signed: Bankole family

FIFA president recognizes Nigerian football federation elections

Image
FIFA has recognized this week's Nigeria Football Federation elections and said Thursday it had sent a letter congratulating new president Amaju Pinnick.

FIFA can now stand down over its threats to ban Nigeria — the current African champion — following months of turmoil and alleged government interference to influence the leadership of the Nigerian federation. FIFA rules do not allow governments to interfere in football matters.


Nigeria was banned for nine days in July after outgoing NFF President Aminu Maigari was arrested on his return from the World Cup in Brazil and a sports ministry-appointed official was put in charge of the federation. The ban was lifted when Maigari was reinstated.

The West African country was again threatened with suspension last month when Maigari was ousted from office for a second time in elections not recognized by FIFA.

Pinnick, a sports administrator from the southern Delta state, was elected new president on Tuesday in a process overseen by Maigari — on…

Charly Boy feels the journalist who exposed T.B Joshus deserves a National Award

Image
In the intriguing piece, Charly Boy writes that Nicholas Ibekwe, the journalist who exposed T.B Joshua's gift of N50k to the journalists reporting the Synagogue collapsed building deserved the National Award which was given recently to about 300 Nigerians. He also pledged the sum of N300k to any journalist who shows remarkable integrity in the discharge of his duties. Read his piece below..


"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it" - George Owells. 
How hard service must be in a decadent society like ours where words like credibility, honesty, honor, truthfulness, professionalism and integrity are fast  becoming extinct and rapidly being replaced by corruption, greed sharpness, evil, materialistic lust, the list is endless! That's how deep the rot is. However my story today no bedat yarn. National awards were given a few days ago to deserving and not so deserving Nigerians. Honorary awards are meant to be given in recognit…

Photo of the Liberian man diagnosed with the 1st case of Ebola in US

Image
The identity of the man diagnosed with the first case of Ebola virus disease in America on Tuesday September 30th has been revealed. He is 42 year old Eric Duncan, pictured above. According to reports, this was Eric's first trip to the US and he went there to visit some family members. He is believed to have contracted the deadly virus from an infected pregnant woman in Liberia. 


About 15 people who Duncan came in contact with in the US have been traced. They include five students from different schools and his girlfriends children. All contacts however haven't shown any symptoms of the disease and are said to be doing fine. Eric is said to be in a serious condition.

Sheikh Zakzaky Exposes Plan To Use Fake ‘Shi’ites’ To Kill Soldiers In Zaria

Image
Leader of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria, His Eminence Sheikh Ibraheem Zakzaky yesterday has expose a sinister plan to cause violence in the city and to forestall it.


At the end of the study session, Sheikh Zakzaky disclosed that he arrived much earlier than his usual time acting on a tip over a sinister plan by the Nigerian military to infiltrate the Movement and kill unsuspecting soldiers which will justify official clampdown on members. The plan, according to him, was that some armed soldiers would wear Hurras (Guards) traffic control volunteers’ uniforms, and would open fire on unsuspecting soldiers passing by. “While this is happening, they would have their camera ready, filming it and later blame it on ‘Shi’ites’. They would then begin manhunt and indiscriminate shooting of people”. He further disclosed that, “the unsuspecting soldiers (the target) in four vehicles comprising 60 soldiers in each, 2 Hilux vans, Jeep and an ambulance had actually arrived Leventis roundabout, scene o…