Niger Delta Avenger Says No Negotiation With FG Unless NNamdi Kanu Is Released. Plus 10 Major Lists Of Demands
After appeals from president Buhari and other prominent Nigerians, notable organisations and pressure groups appealing to them to lay down their arms, the Niger Delta Avengers(NDA) has refused to do so, stating that they won't negotiate until their listed conditions for peace in the Niger Delta region are met by President Buhari of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
The 10 major lists of demands By Niger Delta Avengers (NDA).
1. The immediate implementation of the report of the 2014 National Conference report, failure of Nigeria will forcefully break-up.
2. President Buhari, the director-general of the State Secret Service and the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate in Bayelsa state, Timipre Sylva should apologize to the people of the Niger Delta region and family of Late Chief DSP Alamieyesegha for killing him with intimidation and harassment because of his party affiliation.
3. The ownership of oil blocks in Nigeria must reflect 60% for the oil producing people and 40% for the non-oil producing people.
5. The minister of transportation, Rotimi Amechi should apologize to the Ijaws and the entire Niger Delta people for his careless and reckless statement about the citing of the University in Okerenko.
6. Ogoniland and all oil polluted lands in the Niger Delta must be cleaned up, while compensation should be paid to all oil producing communities.
7. Radio Biafra director and Indigenous Peoples of Biafra leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, should be released unconditionally.
8. The Niger Delta Amnesty programme must be well funded and allowed to continue to run effectively.
9. All APC members indicted for corruption should be made to face trial like their counterparts in the Peoples Democratic Party.
10. All oil multi-nationals and foreign investors should observe these demands, as their business interest in the country will be first targeted.
Meanwhile, Niger Delta Avengers have now made it clear that they won't negotiate with the Federal Government of Nigeria not until, the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu is released after he was arrested on the 14th of October, 2015 by the Nigerian DSS under Buhari's command.
Nnamdi Kanu, is a man who is largely respected across all Biafran lands. His influence and opinions are largely respected by the people and he's seen a not just as the leader of Biafra but as a man who would liberate all Biafrans home and abroad. Nnamdi Kanu is obviously the man of the people and the people’s choice. And I personally believe the solution to ending this crisis in the Niger Delta Region is the release of Nnamdi Kanu, it’s as simple as that. Why, you may ask? Am not just saying this because Niger Delta Avengers (NDA) has demanded for his release but because Nnamdi Kanu has what is required to talk down on going war in south-south, he can peacefully calm the nerves of several groups of freedom fighters who are out for blood in the region and also create peaceful dialogue between the Nigeria government and these groups of militants. Nnamdi Kanu is the missing link and that's why most groups of freedom fighters are so eager to see him released.
Nnamdi Kanu is the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, which includes Ijaw, Igbo, Isoko, Urhobo, Itshekiri etc Are these integral part of Biafra, is under the command of Nnamdi Kanu. Niger Delta Avengers are also a part of the Biafra state, they all are Biafrans, we can't deny that fact. They recognise and respect Nnamdi Kanu as their leader, they respect him so much that they are willing to listen to him and him alone. That's why they won't stop calling for his release and freedom. The boom of pipelines in region will continue if Nnamdi Kanu is not released.
Message published on their website reads thus:
Avengers) business when ExxonMobil carry out repair work on the blown pipeline. When that time comes it won’t be ExxonMobil declaring false Majeure but it’s going to be something worst.
Exxonmobil and Akwa Ibom government can deny Niger Delta Avengers is not in Akwa Ibom state but we want them to know one of our elite strike team is based in Akwa Ibom State. We are warning Exxonmobil not to carry out any repair work on the blown pipeline if they refuse and go ahead with any repair work something big and worst will happen. To the traders/international refineries doing business with them, don’t let ExxonMobil deceive you that the repair work will take three to four weeks with the level of damage it will take them (ExxonMobil) months to fixed it. What happened to Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) crude oil export pipeline in Forcados is an example to all International Oil Companies, no repair works until the federal government heed to our demands. If ExxonMobil fails to listen to us (Niger Delta Avengers), your personnel are going to be our next casualties not pipelines."- Brig. Gen Mudoch Agbinibo Spokesperson NDA.
Its as simple as that. Its left for the Federal government of Nigeria to come to terms to the demands of NDA or keep on repairing damaged facilities. Their demand is simple and they have promised to even do worse if it’s not met. Look around, what have they (NDA) got to lose? They are willing to cripple the economy of Nigeria to the lowest level and except that's the kind of hardship Buhari has promised Nigerians then it’s wise to set Nnamdi Kanu free and let him lead his people. Nnamdi Kanu is not a man of violence and he has always preached peace within that region, so the best bet now for peace in the Niger Delta Region is Nnamdi Kanu.