Boko haram May Post Information on YouTube within 24 hours, Aisha Wakil Conveys Boko Haram's Recent Message to the Federal Government
In a recent telephone interview yesterday with The Nation, the South-eastern woman who is married to a judge in Borno State claims the sect is also ready for talks on the fate of the abducted 217 Chibok girls abducted from their school hostels in April, 2014.
She said that she had been on the neck of the Boko Haram leaders, who according to her offered to honour her to dialogue with the government and release the girls and other captives.
The group’s leadership might soon make a pronouncement on their plan for the girls, she said. She also said she expected the Boko Haram leaders to come out and discuss with the government.
She said: “Since I came back, I have been on their neck. They have now agreed to come out and discuss with the government and bring back the girls.
Although Hajiya Aisha was not forthcoming on the imminent release of the girls, whose abduction has sparked a global outrage, she said: “I think they might post some information on YouTube within 24 hours.”
The Army on August 14 declared Hajiya Aisha and two others wanted for interrogation in line with the Terrorism Prevention Act 2011 (as amended).
The others are a journalist, Ahmed Salkida, and Amb. Ahmed Umar Bolori. But Aisha has maintained her innocence, claiming that she is not a shady personality.