Dare, Ararume, Durojaiye & More: President Buhari Appoints Chairman and Commissioners for NCC
According to an official statement released by Femi Adesina, the presidential special adviser on media and publicity, the president nominated;
1. Senator Olabiyi Durojaiye as Chairman of the commission to represent the South West.
2. Sunday Dare (aide to a former Lagos State governor, Bola Tinubu) as the NCC’s Executive Commissioner, Stakeholders Management, to also represent the South West.
Those nominated as Non-Executive Commissioners are:
2. Clement Omeiza Baiye (North Central)
3. Okoi Ofem Obono Obla (South South)
4. Ezekiel Yissa (North Central)
5. Ifeanyi Ararume (South East)
“The nominations are in accordance with Section 8(1) of the Nigerian Communications Commission Act 2003,” a statement by the president’s spokesperson said on Tuesday.